Hibernate is a Java framework that simplifies the development of Java applications to interact with the database. Hibernate is an open-source, lightweight, ORM (Object Relational Mapping) tool.
Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
Object Relational Mapping (ORM) is a programming technique that converts data between incompatible type systems. It simplifies data creation, data manipulation, and data access.
Advantages of Hibernate ORM Framework
1. Hibernate is an open-source Framework.
2. Hibernate provides a powerful query language (HQL) that is similar to SQL.
3. Hibernate Support for the second level cache. It helps us in getting better performance.
4. Hibernate eliminates all the boilerplate code that comes with JDBC and takes care of managing resources.
5. Hibernate provides a predefined method to perform CRUD operations.